Polaris launch complex. Complex 29 was built to support the U.S. Navy's Polaris submarine ballistic missile program. Construction began in August 1958. The Navy occupied the site in July 1959. The complex was placed on standby status in 1968, and it was upgraded to support the British Chevaline submarine ballistic missile program in the mid 1970s. The site was deactivated in 1980.
First Launch: 1977-11-08. Last Launch: 1977-11-08. Number: 1 . Longitude: -80.58 deg. Latitude: 28.43 deg.