Incorporation and use of the camera in CM 101 would conform to the following ground rules:
- The TV camera and associated hardware would be installed at KSC with no impact on launch schedule;
- the camera would be stowed during the launch phase;
- a mounting bracket for the camera would be provided in the CM to permit simultaneous viewing of all three couch assemblies, for use in monitoring prelaunch hazardous tests and in flight;
- the camera could be hand-held for viewing outside the CM during flight; and
- use of the camera would not be specified on the astronaut's flight planning timeline of essential activities but would be incorporated in the mission as time and opportunity would permit.